These terms and condition govern your relation with our Agency. Please read and check these terms regularly as they may change from time to time.These terms and condition govern your relation with our Agency. Please read and check these terms regularly as they may change from time to time.By booking a trip, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which outline, among other things, our cancellation policy and certain limitations of liability. These Terms and Conditions affect your rights and designate the governing law and forum for the resolution of any and all disputes.
EFFECTIVENESS OF A BOOKING
A booking become effective only from the date when the deposit payment is successful, and the Client signs the contract includes the travel service confirmation sheet and the Terms and Conditions. The Company will send the receipt of the deposit to the Client by email or fax after the booking is confirmed. The Contract between the Company and the Client is formed after all these are accomplished.
Methods of Payment
There are 5 ways to do the payment, and all the bank charges will be added to the Client’s invoice.
Credit Card — 3.5% bank charge is on the Client.Paypal — 4% bank charge is on the Client.Wire Transfer — All the domestic and overseas bank charges are on the Client.Western Union — All the domestic and overseas bank charges are on the Client.Cash — CNY, USD, EURO, AUS, are all acceptable.See Payment Bank Account at Appendix I. Payment and Bank Account information
It is required to pay 20% of the tour price or more as a deposit to secure your reservation. To secure reservation on a trip departing within 15 days, a full payment is required at the time of booking, and for such a short time, payment by wire transfer is not acceptable.
- Final Payment
Final payment for all trips is due at least 15 days prior to departure, unless otherwise stated in the contract which the Client is accepted to do the final payment upon arrival in the tour departure place. The company reserves the right to cancel reservations that are not paid in full at any time after final payment is due, in which case cancellation charges will apply.
- Payment upon Arrival
Some of our tours involve a payment upon arrival. The amount is the final payment of your tour. The payment shall be done within two days upon your arrival, it could be paid directly to our local office in Cash or to the bank account of the Company by Credit Card. Payment by Paypal, Wire Transfer or Western Union is not acceptable.
ACCEPTANCE OF LOCAL SERVICE
The Client shall fully understand that Tibet is a special place which cannot provide tour products as good as some other travel destinations in comfort and luxury way due to its undeveloped economy, backward infrastructure and harsh natural environment. The hotels, transportation, security, anti-epidemic, sanitation, medical service, communication and other infrastructures in Tibet cannot compare with those at the Client’s home or on conventional holidays, even with other cities of mainland China, like Beijing, Shanghai, Xian, etc. The Client acknowledges these travel risks and promises not to complain and claim for the following situations.
- Tourist Vehicles in Tibet
4WDs: Most 4WDs in Tibet are generally old and have been used for years. The comfort cannot compare with that at the Client’s home or on conventional holidays.
Mini Vans and Tourist Coaches: All the mini vans and tourist coaches in Tibet are in better condition than 4WDs, but most of them get old fast due to the poor road and natural condition on the Tibetan Plateau.
Generally, the condition and comfort of the tourist vehicles in Tibet are not as good as those in other cities of mainland China or other regular travel destinations. In addition, most of vehicles in Tibet are without A/C, since it is cool in Tibet throughout the year, there is only heating system available on the vehicles.
- Hotels in Tibet
Except big city and town Lhasa, Shigatse and Tsedang, which have luxury hotels equipped with modern comforts and conveniences. Most hotels offer 24-hour hot water supply, when hot water is only available at limited time in the morning and at night, and the Client needs to wait for a while to get hot water after turning on the tap.
In town, Guesthouses or hostels are not equipped with heating or cooling system and only offer hot water at limited time in the morning and in the evening. Since most hotels offer considerable discount during winter, the Company highly recommend the Client to choose comfortable or luxury hotels when travelling to Tibet in winter.
In small towns and remote villages of Tibet, such as Zhangmu, Tingri and Saga, the hotels or hostels only offer hot water at limited time in the morning and in the evening or just one or two thermos bottles available. The rooms are not equipped with air conditions and some hotels may provide electric blankets in winter, but the Client might also feel cold at night. Thus, the Client is highly recommended to ask for a hot water bottle or heater from the Company in winter.
- Tour Guide: Since some Tibetan tour guides are grown up and educated in India, they speak English with little Indian accent. The Client shall spend one or two days to adapt to it. If it is difficult to communicate with the tour guide, the Client shall tell the Company at the first time so that the Company can arrange another tour guide for the Client.
- Cancellation by the Client
We would feel sorry if you decided to cancel your trip with us, however we realize that the majority do so out of necessity. If you must cancel your trip, please submit your cancellation in written form. Cancellation refunds will be calculated as of the date we receive your written cancellation. Cancellation charges and refunds shall be calculated in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and the Company’s cancellation policy.
- Any applicable refunds will be processed within 15 days of receipt of your cancellation. The cancellation charges are as follows:
All cancellations made 30 days or more before departure: 10% of the tour price + cancellation fees charged by airlines if applicable. All cancellation fees will be itemized.All cancellations made between 29 and 15 days prior to departure: 20% of the tour price + cancellation fees charged by airlines if applicable + 20% of train ticket fare if applicable. All cancellation fees will be itemized.All cancellations made between 14 and 7 days prior to departure: 30% of the tour price + cancellation fees charged by airlines if applicable + 50% of train ticket fare if applicable. All cancellation fees will be itemized.All cancellations made between 6 and 3 days prior to departure: 50% of the tour price + cancellation fees charged by airlines if applicable + 100% of train ticket fare if applicable + cancellation fees charged by hotels if applicable. All cancellation fees will be itemized.All cancellations made within 3 days of departure or No Show Up: 100% of the tour price.
- Note: If the Client books a tour including Yangtze River Cruise or other services unmentioned above, the cancellation charges will be itemized as a separate clause in the contract.Cancellation for the Client’s failure in obtaining Chinese Visa.
- If the Client fails to get Chinese Visa and make the cancellation 30 days or more before departure, the Client will receive a full refund of the tour price, except the cancellation fees charged by airlines if applicable.
Cancellation for political elements
- The Company reserves the right to cancel a trip to Tibet when the application for Tibet permit is refused due to political events, political disorder or government’s requirements. Usually, such situation is unpredictable and the government does not inform the public in advance or explain the reasons. In this event, the Client will be offered an alternative departure date or trip. If we are not able to agree upon a suitable alternative, the Client will be entitled to cancel the reservation and receive a full refund of the tour price, except the cancellation fees charged by airlines and railway companies if applicable.
- Changes made by the Company
In certain circumstances, the Company may change the tour itinerary or services because of some geographical or political factors of the travel destination, including but not limited to disease outbreaks, delayed flights, mechanical breakdown, strikes, political disputes, exit or entry problems, climate, admission ticket reservation, or other unforeseen circumstances, or circumstances beyond our control. In this event, the schedules, itineraries, amenities or mode of transport may be subject to alteration, and sometimes without prior notice. Please be flexible in this arrangement.
Surely, the Company will endeavor to operate all tours as listed in the tour contract. If the Company makes major changes, the Company will inform the Client as soon as possible. The major changes refer to the changes affecting at least one-fifth of the itinerary. In this event, if the changes are not acceptable to the Clients or we are not able to agree upon a suitable alternative, the Client will be entitled to cancel the reservation and receive a full refund of the tour price, except the cancellation fees charged by airlines and railway companies if applicable.
Some changes may be happened during the trip in certain unforeseen circumstances or local situations. The change(s) must be confirmed by the Company or the local agency, and any direct or indirect expenses caused will be undertaken by the Client. The Company or the local agency shall be responsible for the interpretation of the change(s).Any forced changes or termination of the tour may happen during the trip in certain circumstances listed above, in which event your sole remedy shall be a prorated refund for any unused portion of the trip.
- Changes of Itinerary and Services Made by the Client
The Client reserves the right to change the tour itinerary, services and the number of travelers 30 days or more before departure, if such a request is accepted by the Company, the Company reserves the right to re-quote the tour package, which may correspondingly increase or decrease the tour price. And the Client is responsible for undertaking the cancellation fees charged by airlines if applicable.
If the Client makes changes to the reservation within 30 days of departure, an administrative charge of USD200 will apply. And the Client is responsible for undertaking the cancellation fees charged by hotels, airlines, railway companies, cruise companies and other additional fees caused if applicable.All changes are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed.
- Change of Traveler(s)
If the Client is not able to do the traveling in any circumstance after booking, the Client could transfer the booking to other person at least 30 days before departure, as long as the transferee(s) meet all the requirements related to the tour and have read, understood and agreed to these Terms and Conditions. If such a request is accept by the Company, the deposit will be under the new traveler’s name and there is no administrative charge for such a transfer. But, the Client is responsible for undertaking the cancellation fees charged by airlines, railway companies and other additional fees caused if applicable.
- Changes Made by the Client during the Trip
The Client can make any feasible changes during the trip after informing the Company. Any extra costs caused by the changes will be charged by the Company. If any services are reduced or the trip is shortened due to these changes, the unused services will not be refunded except the entrance ticket fees of tourist sites. And the Client is responsible for undertaking the cancellation fees charged by airlines, railway companies and other additional fees caused if applicable.
- The responsibility of the Company is strictly limited. As a tour operator, the Company organizes, promotes, and sells tour programs consisting of certain travel services, including surface, air, and water transportation, sightseeing excursions, and cruise/hotel accommodations that the Company purchases or reserves from various suppliers (collectively, “Suppliers”). The Company does not own or operate any of these Suppliers. The Suppliers providing travel services for the Company’s tour programs are independent contractors, and are not agents or employees of the Company. As such, the Company is not responsible for any negligent or willful act or failure to act of any supplier or of any third party. Some tours include visits to shops and merchants.The Company is not responsible for any purchases you make during your trip, whether that merchant is part of the scheduled itinerary or not. By utilizing the travel services of the Suppliers, you agree that you will look to such Suppliers for any accident, injury, property damage,or personal loss to you or to those traveling with you, and that neither the Company nor any representative of the Company shall be liable.
- Without limitation, the Company is not responsible for any injury, loss, or damage to person or property, death, delay, or inconvenience in connection with the provision of, or failure to provide, any goods or services occasioned by or resulting from—but not limited to—acts of God or force majeure, acts of war or civil unrest, insurrection or revolt, strikes or other labor activities, criminal or terrorist activities of any kind, overbooking or downgrading of accommodations (except as expressly set forth herein), mechanical or other failure of airplanes or other means of transportation or for the failure of any transportation mechanism to arrive or depart on time, sanitation problems, lack of medical care, or for any other cause beyond the direct control of the Company.
- To the extent that the Company is involved in booking air transportation for you, the Company acts as an agent of the air carrier and not as your agent. For all other purposes, the Company does not act as an agent for any party whatsoever.
The Company reserves the right to modify itineraries and substitute hotels and accommodations. Included features may not be available for all departures.
Any information or advice given by the Company regarding visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment, etc. is just for your information, and does not form part of the contract. Correspondingly, the Client hereby releases the Company from all claims and causes of action arising from using the information. The Company highly recommends the Client to consult relevant officials or organizations about important things, such as visa application, entry, departure, etc.
- Passport: The Client must be in possession of a valid passport. The passport must be valid at least 6 months before applying for Tibet permit. The Client is responsible to arrange Chinese Visa, entry and exit documents and procedures.
The Client Entering Tibet from Inland China
The Company will assist the Client in applying for Tibet travel permit and other documents needed for travelling in Tibet. After a booking is confirmed, the Client should send scanned copies of valid passport and Chinese visa to relevant trip advisor of the Company by email or fax at least 30 days before departure. The Client is responsible to make sure all the information on the scanned copies readable. If the Client is working, studying, residing or doing a business travel in China, the Client is also responsible to offer the Company corresponding working, studying, resident and business visiting certificates or permits. These documents are required to send to the Company along with the passport and Chinese visa.
- The Client Entering Tibet from Nepal
The Client entering Tibet from Nepal is responsible to send scanned copies of valid passport to the Company by email or fax at least 30 days before departure, and must arrive at Kathmandu with the original passport at least 3 working days before the date of entering Tibet so that the local office of the Company can assist the Client to apply for Group Tourist Visa.
NOTE: The Client entering Tibet from Nepal needs to apply for a special Tibet travel visa (Group Tourist Visa) at Kathmandu. Once getting the Group Tourist Visa, the Chinese visa obtained before automatically expires.
The Client is required to pay US$ 15 per person in cash as visa service charge to Kathmandu office of the Company, which is not included in the price quotation.
Delay in Delivery of Travel Documents
If the Client books a tour 7-15 days before departure or sends the Company the Documents stated above 7-15 days before departure after booking a tour, it makes the Company do much extra work to apply for the travel documents and arrange tour for the Client. In this case, the Company reserves the right to charge an extra service fee of USS 100 per person. The last minutes booking fee covers any additional cost for couriers, communication and administration fees.
TIBET TRAIN TICKETS BOOKING
- Booking and Issuing Train Ticket
Different from individual travelers, the Company books group train tickets from Chinese Railway Company or Train Ticket Agents. The group booking plan is submitted to the railway company or ticket agents 1-3 months before departure. As real-name booking is practiced in China, the train tickets are issued 10-20 days before departure. If the services include train ticket booking service, the Client needs to confirm the booking as early as possible so that the Company can get enough time to arrange it. During the Tibet’s Peak Tourism Season (from June to Mid-October, during Chinese Spring Festival and other public holidays in China), the train tickets may be issued only 1-9 days before departure due to large demand on train tickets. Correspondingly, the Client hereby releases the Company from all claims and causes of action arising from any loss, mental damages, inconvenience or financial costs both direct and indirect incurred.
NOTE: Penalties on group train ticket cancelation or changes are different from individual booking, thus it is understood by the Client that the cancelation terms for individual travelers are not applicable for the Company’s train tickets booking service.
Flexibility on Train Tickets
- During Tibet’s peak tourism season, the train ticket demand may greatly exceed the supply and the train station will ask the Client to make a flexible travel plan. For instance, the Client may be required to take another train instead of the original one on the same day or one day prior or later to the original departure date, or take a connecting train instead of the direct one. The Client should kindly understand the situation of China. If the Client does not accept such flexibility, the Client is responsible to inform the Company at the time of booking. Otherwise, the Client is considered to accept it automatically by the Company.
- Booking Soft Sleeper Train Tickets
Since there are only 35-70 soft sleeper train tickets available on each train to Tibet, it is difficult to obtain soft sleeper tickets sometimes. The Company will endeavour to book soft sleeper as the Client’s requirement, but may fail to get tickets occasionally when the train station refuses the booking. This may be caused by: Giving priority to a bigger group booking;Giving priority to another booking which the train station identifies as more important or special;Giving priority to government booking; Canceling or decreasing soft sleeper cars due to maintenance of the train.Correspondingly, the Client hereby releases the Company from all claims and causes of action arising from any loss, mental damages, inconvenience or financial costs both direct and indirect incurred.
When a group soft sleeper booking cannot be met, the train station will offer hard sleepers for the Client as substitution unless the Client specified in advance. If the Client does not accept it, the Client is responsible to inform the Company at the time of booking. The Company will state the Client’s requirement in the train ticket booking plan provided to the train station.
This charge covers the insurance premium of Personal Travel Accident Insurance, In Chinese旅游意外伤害保险 (The right to interpret is reserved by Ping An Insurance(Group) Company of China, Ltd.) offered by Ping An Insurance(Group) Company of China, Ltd.. When the agreed insurance accident happens according to the insurance contract, Ping An Insurance (Group) Company of China, Ltd. Will compensate for your corresponding loss; but the exact compensation amount and proportion cannot be ascertained before ratification by the according staff of the insurance company. The Company only takes charge of assistance with the insurance company to research, compensate and supervise whether the compensation is properly issued or not, instead of any other responsibility and compensation except those stated in the insurance contract with the insurance company. Any controversy can only resort to the Insurance Law of the People’s Republic of China and relevant laws.
- The insurance only covers accidents inside China. The Company does not provide insurance out of China and does not compensate any accident out of China.
- The Company strongly advice travelers to purchase their own insurance as the complement of the tour insurance provided by the Company.
- The maximum compensation is RMB 250,000 based on Personal Travel Accident Insurance, In Chinese 旅游意外伤害保险 (The right to interpret is reserved by Ping An Insurance(Group)Company of China, Ltd.) offered by Ping An Insurance(Group)Company of China, Ltd.
For Chinese Citizen, The maximum compensation is RMB 100,000 based on Personal Travel Accident Insurance, In Chinese 旅游意外伤害保险 (The right to interpret is reserved by Ping An Insurance(Group)Company of China, Ltd.) offered by Ping An Insurance(Group)Company of China, Ltd.
ACCEPTANCE OF HEALTHY RISK
As one of the world’s highest region, Tibet is at a special geographic environment, and some travelers may suffer from Acute Mountain Sickness and the complications. The Client must advise the Company in writing, at or prior to booking, of any physical, emotional or mental condition which (a) may affect your ability to fully participate in the trip; (b) may require professional attention during the trip; or (c) may require the use of special equipment. If any such condition arises after the trip is booked, you must advise the Company in writing immediately.
The Company reserves the right to decline or cancel your reservation, or to remove you from a trip in progress, if the Company reasonably determines your condition would adversely affect the health, safety, or enjoyment of you or of other participants. If the Company removes you from a trip in progress pursuant to this paragraph, you will not be entitled to any refund of your Trip Price and the Company shall have no further liability.
If you have a condition as contemplated herein, you travel at your own risk. The Company is not liable for any injuries or damages you may suffer relating to such a condition, including without limitation loss of special equipment, lack of assistance with or accommodation of special needs, and unavailability of medical assistance or treatment.
The Company is not responsible for the costs of any medical treatment you may require during the trip. Under no circumstances is the Company responsible for the quality of medical care, or lack thereof, you may receive while on the trip.
CLAIMS AND COMPLAINTS
Whenever the Client feel unsatisfied with any service the Company has provided, the Client shall inform the local tour guide or the trip advisor immediately to avoid similar problems happening again either before or during your trip and give a chance to the Company to correct or improve it. If the Client does not inform it immediately, the Company reserves the right to reduce the amount of compensation or refuse compensation.
If the Client is not satisfied with above solution, any subsequent complaints shall be made in writing by email to email@example.com or fax at +86-891-6348848 within 15 days upon your finish of your tour. Please attach relevant receipts and substantiating evidence to the letter of claim. The Company will not be liable for any claims made later than 15 days after you finish your tour. The Company also reserves the rights to refuse compensation if the Client publishes any negative message about the Company on internet and other media before making complaints.
The Company may provide the Client’s personal information to companies that provide services to the Client, such as airlines, train station, banks and local service company, but the Company will endeavor to protect the Client’s personal information.
GOVERNING LAW/SUBMISSION TO JURISDICTION
This contract is governed by the laws of the People’s Republic of China. All disputes related to this contract should be solved via discussion first. If the problem cannot be solved, either party can lodge a complaint to the People’s court of Wuhou District in Chengdu.
This contract is written in English.
Payment and Bank Account information
- Option 1 Wire Transfer
If you are booking your tour 15 days before your departure date, you may choose to make the payment by wire transfer.
Address and Contact Information of LGTT: ADD: Duo Sangay Lam, LHASA, TIBET TEL: +86-891-6348848 FAX: +86-891-6348847 POST CODE: 850000Note:- Please fax or email us the bank receipt- All local and overseas charges borne by payer
- Option 2 Credit Card
Please email, call or fax us with credit card information as follows
Type of Credit Card Cardholder Name Card Number CVV2 Number on back of credit card Expiry Date (m/y) Transaction AmountWe also need the both side copy of your credit card and a Payment authorization paper with your signature, please download the paper at and fax or scan these two document to us.
Note: 3% bank charge on payer
- Option 3 Payment by WESTERN UNION
(more details: WESTERN UNION http://www.westernunion.com)
– Please find the Western Union Agent location nearby, fill in the money order. – Mail information Country: China City: Lhasa Payee’s Given Name: Ciren Payee’s Surname: Pubu Telephone number of payee: 86-13618982405Note:
– Send the money transfer form scan or fax the Transfer Control Number to us.- All local and overseas charges borne by payer