Tibet, often referred to as the “Roof of the World,” is a land of mystique, natural beauty, and spiritual significance. Its pristine landscapes, from snow-capped peaks to deep canyons, offer a breathtaking experience like no other. In this 7-day journey, we invite you to explore the best of Tibet, ensuring an unforgettable adventure filled with unique experiences.
Day 1: Arrival in Lhasa – Embracing the Altitude
- Pickup at Lhasa Railway Station or Airport: Your adventure begins as our driver warmly welcomes you outside the Lhasa Railway Station or Airport. From there, you’ll be transported to your hotel for check-in. To acclimatize to the high altitude, we recommend refraining from washing your hair, taking a bath, or engaging in strenuous activities on your first day. Allow your body to adjust to the plateau environment.
- Lhasa’s Unique Location: Lhasa Railway Station is situated on the outskirts of Lhasa, approximately 8 kilometres away from the iconic Potala Palace. During the drive, you’ll cross the Lhasa River, providing an opportunity to savour the scenery on both sides of this picturesque river.
- Lhasa Airport Adventure: Lhasa Airport, located in Gongga County, Shannan City, is around 45 kilometres from downtown Lhasa, requiring approximately one hour by car. The journey offers glimpses of unique Tibetan villages and pastoral landscapes along the way.
Day 2: Lhasa to Nyingchi – A Scenic Drive
- Traversing the Mila Mountain Tunnel: Today, you’ll embark on a journey from Lhasa to Nyingchi, passing through the awe-inspiring Mila Mountain Tunnel. This tunnel, which opened in 2019, is the world’s highest highway super-long tunnel, and it also offers captivating vistas along the Lhasa-Nyingchi Expressway.
- Sejila Mountain Pass: Your adventure continues as you cross the Sejila Pass, situated at an impressive altitude of 4,702 meters. Here, you’ll have the chance to gaze upon the majestic Namchakbarwa Peak, one of China’s ten most beautiful mountains. Ringing a bell to pray for blessings is a cherished tradition at this site.
- Lulang Town Delights: Your journey proceeds to Lulang, where unique experiences await. You can indulge in Tibetan Horse Riding or the ancient art of Gongbu Shooting Arrows. As the day concludes, savour the flavours of Nyingchi by enjoying a local speciality for dinner – Lulang Stone Pot Chicken. This renowned dish features native chicken, Tibetan herbs, and palm ginseng, creating a delectable and distinct flavour.
Day 3: Nyingchi – Exploring Natural Marvels
- Journey to the Yarlung Zangbo Grand Canyon: Begin your day by visiting the awe-inspiring Yarlung Zangbo Grand Canyon, often referred to as “the last secret place of human beings.” Here, a scenic tour bus will take you to Daduka Castle ruins, where you’ll be captivated by the power of love symbolized by “Love is stronger than stone.” It’s a place to make wishes and offer prayers by placing small mani stones.
- Yani Wetland Park: Next, you’ll explore Yani Wetland Park, formerly known as Benri Sacred Mountain Scenic Area. This mountain is of great importance in the original Bon religion in Tibet. Believers entrust their hopes for happiness and liberation to Benri’s sacred mountain. The park also marks the confluence of the Yarlung Zangbo River and the Niyang River, offering a spectacle of nature’s artistry as these two rivers merge.
Day 4: Nyingchi to Lhasa via Kadinggou – A Scenic Drive
- The Beauty of Kadinggou: Departing from Nyingchi, you’ll embark on a northward journey along the acclaimed “most beautiful road” in Tibet, the Lhasa-Nyingchi Expressway. Along the way, a visit to Kadinggou is a must. This scenic spot in Nyingchi Forest Canyon boasts steep cliffs, ancient trees, fragrant wildflowers, and pristine air. A mesmerizing waterfall with a drop of over 200 meters adds to the spectacle.
- Nature’s Artistry at Kadinggou: As you explore Kadinggou, you’ll be enthralled by the natural formations on the cliffs, including a giant Buddha, goddess figures, and other Buddhist characters. The most astounding wonder is a giant Buddha that appears and disappears within the waterfall waters, earning Kadinggou the name “Tianfo Waterfall.”
- Gongbu Characteristic Village: Continue your journey with a visit to Gongbu Characteristic Village, where Tibetan-style villages are beautifully arranged, and surrounded by Tibetan courtyards adorned with flowers. This village, set amidst green mountains, pristine waters, and clear skies, resembles a watercolour painting. Immerse yourself in Tibetan stories, enjoy traditional dances, and explore houses with unique Tibetan characteristics before returning to Lhasa, the “City of Sunlight.”
Day 5: Lhasa to Yamdrok Lake – A Serene Jewel
- Exploring Yamdrok Lake: Today, you’ll set your sights on Yamdrok Lake, often referred to as Yangdrok Yutso Lake. Located at an elevation of 4,441 meters, this lake boasts clear, drinkable waters. Surrounded by snow-capped mountains and colourful hills on both sides, as well as distinctive Tibetan villages and grazing livestock, the journey to Yamdrok Lake is a feast for the eyes.
- Capturing the Moment: While admiring the breathtaking scenery of Yangdrok Lake, take the opportunity for holy lake travel photography. Capture the beauty and joy of the moment, preserving exquisite memories that will warm your heart for years to come.
Day 6: Lhasa City Exploration – A Glimpse into History and Spirituality
- Potala Palace: The Crown Jewel of Lhasa: Begin your exploration of Lhasa with a visit to the Potala Palace, the world’s highest ancient castle complex. Ascend its long steps while enjoying panoramic views of Lhasa city. Explore the interior of this mysterious palace, delving into its rich history and architectural marvels.
- Zongjiao Lukang Park: Next, head to Zongjiao Lukang Park to experience prayer turning, an integral aspect of Tibetan spirituality. Observe devout worshipers as they turn prayer wheels, recite mantras, and immerse themselves in their faith.
- Chakpo ri Mountain Viewpoint: Visit the viewing platform of Chak
- Transportation: Travel by regular local tour buses with all necessary amenities.
- Accommodation: One night in the Lhasa Oxygen Supply Hotel and stays in local 3-star hotels, plus one night in a characteristic local homestay.
- Meals: Enjoy 6 breakfasts.
- Attraction Tickets: Covers all tickets and small transportation fees, including government and scenic spot benefits.
- Guidance: Led by experienced tour guides.
- Insurance: Includes travel agency liability insurance.
Cost Does Not Include:
- Single Room: If you prefer a single room, you must cover the price difference.
- Room Damage: Expenses due to changes in the itinerary are at your own cost.
- Personal Consumption: Expenses like hotel laundry, telephone, pay TV, snacks, and more.
- Accidents: The travel agency may modify or cancel the itinerary for uncontrollable reasons, with potential additional charges.
- Round-Trip Transportation: Large transportation costs to and from Tibet.
- Other Insurance: Additional insurance like aviation, travel accident, or plateau insurance is not included.
- Reservations are available for mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, and foreign participants.
- Cancellation fees apply based on timing.
- Force majeure may affect the itinerary, and the company is not liable for increased expenses.
- Peak seasons may impact the Potala Palace visit due to visitor limits.
- Please respect local culture and customs.
- Altitude sickness can be managed with rest and proper nutrition.
- Protect against strong sunlight and dry climate.
- Recommended travel time is from April to November.
Why Choose Us?
- Competitive Fees: Enjoy discounts on transportation, accommodation, tickets, and tour packages.
- Excellent Service: 24/7 professional customer service and support for Tibet entry documents.
- Authentic Experience: Explore Tibetan culture and cuisine with non-shopping tours.
- Professional Team: Experienced drivers and tour guides prioritize your safety and enjoyment. Customized packages and return services reduce travel risks.