Sign Up

After creating an account, you'll be able to track your payment status, track the confirmation and you can also rate the tour after you finished the tour.
Confirm Password*
First Name*
Last Name*
Birth Date*
* Creating an account means you're okay with our Terms of Service and Privacy Statement.
Please agree to all the terms and conditions before proceeding to the next step

Already a member?


Mountaineering Permit

Mount Everest is the highest mountains ( 8,848 meters ), located at the international border between China and Nepal. It has two Everest Base Camps, South Base Camp ( 5,364m ) in Nepal and North Base Camp ( 5,150m ) in Tibet. Especially, the north camp attracts numerous international tourists as well experienced mountaineers every year.

The foreign tourists love to climb Mount Everest and have an Everest Base Camp ( EBC ) trek. Before they do this, the must apply for at least three permits.

1. Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit – TTB permit

TTB permit is the first must-have permission for all foreign tourist who wants to enter Tibet and have good Tibet tour. It is issued by the Tibet Tourism Bureau and has to be applied through a Tibet local travel agency.

Read more information TTB permit on Tibet Tourism Bureau Permit Page

2. Frontier Pass

Frontier Pass is the official document for travelers to tour the border between Tibet with other countries. It is applied for through Armed Police Tibet Frontier Corps in Lhasa. Without this paper, foreign travelers won’t be allowed to go to EBC or travel Nepal via Zhangmu border. Even if you fly to Kathmandu from Lhasa, you will be asked to show this pass at the airport. The application takes about 1.5 hours.
The documents needed are:

1) Copy of TTB permit;
2) Copy of passport;
3) Copy of China Visa;
4) Tour Itinerary.

Read more information on Frontier Pass page

3. Aliens’ Travel Permit ( PSB permit )

PSB permit is a “must” for those who are planning to travel the “unopened areas” outside Lhasa. Mt. Everest belongs to the “unopened areas”. Without this permit, travelers cannot reach the Everest Base Camp. You can get it at the Foreign Affairs Office in Lhasa or in Shigatse.

Read more information on Aliens’ Travel Permit Page

4. Mountaineering License

If you plan to visit any places higher than the EBC, such as Advanced Base Camp ( ABC, 6,500 meters ), Rongpuk Glacier, you have to apply for another permit – Mountaineering License which is issued by Tibet Mountaineering Association, and you also hire a professional climbing coordinator.

As a Tibet local travel agency, we provide one-stop service for all necessary permits application for your Tibet tour. All you need to do is to give us your personal information, passport, China Visa. If you are planning a tour to EBC, please feel free to contact us. We can customize all Tibet tour and EBC tour.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.